Paint the Town Blue for World Pneumonia Day!
Paint the Town Blue for World Pneumonia Day is a global initative that sheds light on the number one killer of young children: pneumonia. Sponsored by the Global Coalition Against Child Pneumonia and the Best Shot Foundation, landmarks across the United States will turn blue on World Pneumonia Day, November 12th, to highlight pneumonia awareness and prevention.
The following 15 cities are participating.
- BOSTON, Massachusetts: Capitol Building
- CHARLOTTE, North Carolina: Duke Energy Center
- CHICAGO, Illinois: 680 North Lake Shore Drive and Wrigley Building
- CLEVELAND, Ohio: Terminal Tower
- GREENVILLE, South Carolina: NEXT Innovation Center and Riverside Office Building
- HELENA, Montana: Montana State Capitol
- MISSOULA, Montana: Missoula International Airport
- NEW YORK, New York: Trump SoHo
- SCOTTSDALE, Arizona: Palm trees at Scottsdale Fashion Square
- SEATTLE, Washington: Pacific Science Center
- ST. LEO, Florida: Saint Leo University (near Tampa)
- SPARTANBURG, South Carolina : BMW Zentrum
- MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin: The Domes at Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory
- PORTLAND, Oregon: The Morrison Bridge
- NASHVILLE, Tennessee: The Parthenon
Please visit http://painttownblue.org for more information.
The Wrigley Building, a historic skyscraper in Chicago, lit blue for World Pneumonia Day.